So I did my skydive (item 11) this month - probably the most "out of my comfort zone" item on the list - and what an amazing experience that was. It still hasn't properly sunk in.
With only two months to go, I know for a fact I'm not going to finish everything now by 6th November. For example - I wanted to walk the Jurassic Coast in the height of summer, but, as you know, we didn't really get a summer, so that's never going to happen this side of Guy Fawkes. With that in mind, I've decided to cheat and extend my 30 Things into my 30th year now that I've got a little part time job. I already have a 30th year list of things I want to do too...
I have got most things in varying states of progress. It's finishing them that's proving a problem. I've also changed item 24: Interview 3 Indie authors from Twitter to Take a trip to New York because the interviews will be part of my marketing strategy for item 25 - and I've booked a warm up 30th celebrations trip to the Big Apple!!!!!
Talking of booking, the dinner party (item 20) will be taking place next month...
Another unofficial 30 Things happened a few days ago... I finally visited the British Music Experience at the O2 Bubble. Been wanting to go for ages. There are no words to describe it, but if you're a music lover, you have to go. I will try my best to talk you through it in my next blog post. This visit was linked with two of London's newest attractions - the Emirates cable car over the Thames and walking / climbing the O2 roof. Both great experiences mixed with Paralympic London 2012 build up. I do love our Capital in the sunshine and when there's a buzz in the air.
1. DONE - Fly First Class long haul from anywhere to anywhere
2. DONE - Take a photography course
3. DONE - Experience the Caledonian sleeper train to Scotland & ride around Edinburgh in a funky Billy Connolly style Trike
4. DONE - Visit 1 of the countries in my Top 3 “before it changes forever” list - Cuba
5. IN PROGRESS - Sort out proper storage for my favourite belongings
6. DONE - Try 3 new variations of foods
7. IN PROGRESS - Walk the beautiful Jurassic Coastline (planning done)
8. DONE - Complete a family tree with at least 50 people on it
9. DONE - Fun family photo shoot
10. DONE - Fly in a Tiger Moth
11. DONE - Tandem sky dive
12. DONE - Bake a marble cake just like my mum’s
13. DONE - Make a decent curry
14. IN PROGRESS - Finish writing the Dalton Trilogy
15. IN PROGRESS - Self publish an informative eBook or a children's book on Amazon
16. IN PROGRESS - Publish a paid article
17. IN PROGRESS - Feature photos on shutterstock.com
18. Catalogue my last 10 years of travels
19. IN PROGRESS - Lose 14 lbs
20. BOOKED - Host a dinner party from scratch (3 courses)
21. IN PROGRESS - Build a new desk area for the office
22. DONE - Do 1 presentation to an audience
23. DONE - Ride the London Eye
24. BOOKED - Take a trip to New York
25. (Market and) sell 100 copies of Little Child
26. IN PROGRESS - Take a weekend TEFL course
27. DONE - Achieve 3000 unique visitor hits on my website in a month (Feb 2012 was 2816)
28. Make some serious progress on my Writers Bureau course
29. Local book signing
30. IN PROGRESS - Walk parts of the Thames Trail
Blogging is an amazing concept so here I am giving it a whirl. You'll get words. You'll get pics. Sometimes a vid or two. You'll get tongue in cheek, the odd humble opinion and an honest insight into my travels and writing life. Maybe even a few gems along the way. I'll be musing on home turf as I see more and more of the UK and sharing my experiences further afield on holidays and adventurous trips across the globe.