The penultimate 30 Things blog update is upon us!
I took stock of the list this month and, when putting together one of two iMovies I’m making to celebrate the year, realised I’ve actually completed quite a few projects outside of the 30 Things – those unofficial 30 Things I was always throwing in:
1. See more of the UK
2. Mega eBaying
3. Clear out office
4. Garden re-design
5. Make an iMovie
6. Get some real life interview practice
7. Experience an England Wembley International footie match
8. Climb the Rainforest Lookout at The Eden Project
9. Visit the British Music Experience
10. Climb Up at The O2
11. Take the new Emirates Thames cable car
12. Work on my photography
13. Go to a long awaited concert – Alanis Morissette
These will now be classed as official 30 Things as I roll the following bigger projects into my 30th year:
5. Sort out proper storage for my favourite belongings
7. Walk the beautiful Jurassic Coastline
14. Finish writing The Dalton Bridges Saga
15. Self publish an informative eBook or a children’s book on Amazon
18. Catalogue my last 10 years of travels
20. Host a dinner party from scratch (3 courses)
21. Build a new desk area for the office
25. (Market and) sell 100 copies of Little Child
26. Take a weekend TEFL course
28. Make some serious progress on my Writers Bureau course
29. Local book signing
I still hope to tick off item 16: Publish a paid article and item 17: Feature photos on shutterstock.com but should that not happen, I’m thrilled to announce I will complete 30 things to do before I’m 30!!!
This month I’ve walked the Thames trail section I wanted to walk (still so much to see and do but for the purpose of this, I’m happy) so I can tick off item 30 (and I made my first ever iMovie – another unofficial 30 Things), which brings my total to 26 leaving me with 4 items left to complete.
I’m well on the way to losing 14 pounds (item 19), I’m halfway through clearing out our office (another unofficial) and next month I’m going to New York (item 24). I’ve also got Alanis at The O2 (another unofficial) booked as a post birthday treat - something to look forward to after the big scary event of turning 3 0!
I know, I know, technically it happens after the big scary event, but I’m still going to count it in the list because it’s just way too cool not to.
As for the big day itself, I plan to be supping champers and taking afternoon tea at the delightful Blenheim Palace. Well, you're only 30 once, right! A charming end to a fantastic year.
Here we go then, the final push to the finish line :D
Blogging is an amazing concept so here I am giving it a whirl. You'll get words. You'll get pics. Sometimes a vid or two. You'll get tongue in cheek, the odd humble opinion and an honest insight into my travels and writing life. Maybe even a few gems along the way. I'll be musing on home turf as I see more and more of the UK and sharing my experiences further afield on holidays and adventurous trips across the globe.