Time is precious so I have to admit to not being a fan of forums or chat rooms. I also don't have enough time yet to prepare and send out my own ezine.
If you feel yourself agreeing with me, what can you do then to make your website more interactive for your audience?
Here are 5 suggestions which are very easy to implement if you have a basic website already in place.
1) Star in and post your own YouTube videos with a direct link to your YouTube Channel so people can check out your additional content. Talk about anything writing related. Give advice. Discuss the themes of your latest book. Make your content come alive.
2) Include a blog so people can leave comments and subscribe to your posts via an RSS feed.
3) Post podcasts so your content can be downloaded and listened to as audio files.
4) Link up Facebook and Twitter to your website, so when you post new content, people using social media are instantly notified.
5) When you have enough of a following, prepare and email exclusive content to them using an autoresponder.
Blogging is an amazing concept so here I am giving it a whirl. You'll get words. You'll get pics. Sometimes a vid or two. You'll get tongue in cheek, the odd humble opinion and an honest insight into my travels and writing life. Maybe even a few gems along the way. I'll be musing on home turf as I see more and more of the UK and sharing my experiences further afield on holidays and adventurous trips across the globe.