Easing myself back into blogging after taking a little break, here's an update on my 30 Things project:
Since we're at the half way point, I'd like to say I'm ticking off a further 10 items (!), but this month I can only tick off numbers 8 & 9. We had a fun family photo shoot and I've added 50 new names to my recently created Family Tree. Still, it's progress!
Sorting out my storage and building a new desk area for the office are still "in progress"...
I'm now skydiving with my little sis and little bro, so that's all booked up for the summer, and I've booked my tiger moth flight and London Eye ride for June. What else is happening? Well, I'm planning to visit my old school and write a children's story with the Infants and do a presentation on travel and being a writer with the Juniors. If that comes off (hopefully in June), I'll be able to tick off two more items - 15 & 22 - as I hope to self publish the story on Amazon and re-visit the school at a later date to show the kids what they created.
At this point in time I am wondering whether I'm going to complete all this by November 6th. I do know I'm really excited about the next few months because some of the things I've wanted to do for ages and ages are packed into there.
Guess I'll just keep my fingers and toes crossed and I look forward to updating you all next month!
1. DONE - Fly First Class long haul from anywhere to anywhere
2. BOOKED - Take a photography course
3. BOOKED - Experience the Caledonian sleeper train to Scotland & ride around Edinburgh in a funky Billy Connolly style Trike
4. BOOKED - Visit 1 of the countries in my Top 3 “before it changes forever” list - Cuba
5. IN PROGRESS - Sort out proper storage for my favourite belongings
6. DONE - Try 3 new variations of foods
7. Walk the beautiful Jurassic Coastline
8. DONE - Complete a family tree with at least 50 people on it
9. DONE - Fun family photo shoot
10. BOOKED - Fly in a Tiger Moth
11. BOOKED - Tandem sky dive
12. DONE - Bake a marble cake just like my mum’s
13. DONE - Make a decent curry
14. Finish writing the Dalton Trilogy
15. IN PROGRESS - Self publish an informative eBook or a children's book on Amazon
16. Publish a paid article
17. Feature photos on shutterstock.com
18. Catalogue my last 10 years of travels
19. Lose 14 lbs
20. Host a dinner party from scratch (3 courses)
21. IN PROGRESS - Build a new desk area for the office
22. IN PROGRESS - Do 1 presentation to an audience
23. BOOKED - Ride the London Eye
24. Interview 3 Indie authors from Twitter
25. (Market and) sell 100 copies of Little Child
26. Take a weekend TEFL course
27. DONE - Achieve 3000 unique visitor hits on my website in a month (Feb 2012 was 2816)
28. Make some serious progress on my Writers Bureau course
29. Local book signing
30. Walk parts of the Thames Trail
Blogging is an amazing concept so here I am giving it a whirl. You'll get words. You'll get pics. Sometimes a vid or two. You'll get tongue in cheek, the odd humble opinion and an honest insight into my travels and writing life. Maybe even a few gems along the way. I'll be musing on home turf as I see more and more of the UK and sharing my experiences further afield on holidays and adventurous trips across the globe.