30 Things update
Ok, I'm three quarters of the way through and things have pretty much grinded to a halt. So much for trying to get most of the outstanding items in a state of progress...!
I did complete another unofficial 30 Things - to get some interviews, to be more confident in the interviews and ultimately get the job. Went for two; got two which I was thrilled to bits about. Then I had to make a choice - go back into full time employment in the travel biz and abandon my project/s, or work locally part time. I chose the part time position so I haven't completely given up yet.
I also saw more parts of the UK in July travelling the furthest north I've ever gone in England to Arnside in Cumbria.
For what it's worth, here's a 30 Things update for July and I expect full service to resume after I've completed my full time training somewhere around mid August:
Still "in progress":
The children's stories (15)
New desk area (21)
TEFL course (26)
Thames Trail (30)
New "in progress" and in the planning stages:
Jurassic Coast (7)
Dinner party (20)
I did fly my Tiger Moth (item 10). Wasn't the best weather but I made the best of it and still got amazing views of Gatwick, the very green English countryside and London. I highly recommend open top flying! And considering the restrictions placed on all local airfields within x miles of London throughout July and August due to the Olympics, I was lucky to do what I did when I did it.
Also presented about travel to the Juniors at my old school (item 22).
And last but by no means least... the tandem skydive (item 11) is imminent!!!!!
1. DONE - Fly First Class long haul from anywhere to anywhere
2. DONE - Take a photography course
3. DONE - Experience the Caledonian sleeper train to Scotland & ride around Edinburgh in a funky Billy Connolly style Trike
4. DONE - Visit 1 of the countries in my Top 3 “before it changes forever” list - Cuba
5. IN PROGRESS - Sort out proper storage for my favourite belongings
6. DONE - Try 3 new variations of foods
7. IN PROGRESS - Walk the beautiful Jurassic Coastline
8. DONE - Complete a family tree with at least 50 people on it
9. DONE - Fun family photo shoot
10. DONE - Fly in a Tiger Moth
11. BOOKED - Tandem sky dive
12. DONE - Bake a marble cake just like my mum’s
13. DONE - Make a decent curry
14. Finish writing the Dalton Trilogy
15. IN PROGRESS - Self publish an informative eBook or a children's book on Amazon
16. Publish a paid article
17. IN PROGRESS - Feature photos on shutterstock.com
18. Catalogue my last 10 years of travels
19. Lose 14 lbs
20. IN PROGRESS - Host a dinner party from scratch (3 courses)
21. IN PROGRESS - Build a new desk area for the office
22. DONE - Do 1 presentation to an audience
23. DONE - Ride the London Eye
24. Interview 3 Indie authors from Twitter
25. (Market and) sell 100 copies of Little Child
26. IN PROGRESS - Take a weekend TEFL course
27. DONE - Achieve 3000 unique visitor hits on my website in a month (Feb 2012 was 2816)
28. Make some serious progress on my Writers Bureau course
29. Local book signing
30. IN PROGRESS - Walk parts of the Thames Trail
Until the next time...
Leave a Reply.
Blogging is an amazing concept so here I am giving it a whirl. You'll get words. You'll get pics. Sometimes a vid or two. You'll get tongue in cheek, the odd humble opinion and an honest insight into my travels and writing life. Maybe even a few gems along the way. I'll be musing on home turf as I see more and more of the UK and sharing my experiences further afield on holidays and adventurous trips across the globe.