A fortnight ago we were talking about how to get noticed in the Kindle store amongst the millions of listings.
Today's post follows on from there with six strategies you can apply to your book as soon as you get it loaded up on to Amazon.
1) Use keywords in the title and subtitle for your book
Make your book more discoverable with keywords
2) Choose the most appropriate categories when you publish
Selecting Browse Categories
3) Create guides and lists relevant to your own book
Create a So You'd Like To guide
Create a Listmania list
4) Update your signature in your personal profile to tell the world what your areas of expertise are
5) Post reviews of other related books and products - but be subtle about your own expertise and don't link to your book or website. Your signature appears here giving you additional exposure
6) Channel all of your online book sales to Amazon because the number of recent sales appears to be an important factor in the way Amazon ranks search results
Blogging is an amazing concept so here I am giving it a whirl. You'll get words. You'll get pics. Sometimes a vid or two. You'll get tongue in cheek, the odd humble opinion and an honest insight into my travels and writing life. Maybe even a few gems along the way. I'll be musing on home turf as I see more and more of the UK and sharing my experiences further afield on holidays and adventurous trips across the globe.