If you're waiting to know whether you can guest post on a website, or waiting to hear back from a magazine Editor, make sure the email you sent was clear and concise to begin with. Here's what you should be checking for before you hit Send:
1) Don't be generic in the subject line. Guest post and Question are likely to be ignored, so try to be as descriptive as possible. Not as simple as it sounds, I know!
2) Keep the main body of the email short and concise. Avoid asking too many questions.
3) Be clear about your request. This could feature in the subject line, but at the very least it should be in the first paragraph of your email.
4) Proof read your email before sending.
5) Be sure to respond promptly once you get a reply. It sounds obvious enough, but I've been guilty of not!
Blogging is an amazing concept so here I am giving it a whirl. You'll get words. You'll get pics. Sometimes a vid or two. You'll get tongue in cheek, the odd humble opinion and an honest insight into my travels and writing life. Maybe even a few gems along the way. I'll be musing on home turf as I see more and more of the UK and sharing my experiences further afield on holidays and adventurous trips across the globe.