Let's face it, Blogger's drought is our worse nightmare. When the creative muse is dead, blogging without purpose is difficult, mentally exhausting work. I suffered with it last week, so I think it's a good opportunity to share my top 5 tips to help you pull through!
Here we go then:
1) Don't fight it, switch off and relax your brain for a while, even just watching some easy viewing tele or socialising
2) Use Twitter. Follow industry related people / magazines / organisations / fellow writers and bloggers. Something someone writes in your timeline will spark an idea, I guarantee it
3) Watch / do / read / listen to something that inspires you. It puts you in a better place to think about the things you enjoy. Music lyrics help me a lot
4) Make lists - 5 things to do when... / 3 tips to help with...
5) Write a word on a piece of paper. Imagine a situation around that word
and a cheeky 6) Go to your nearest coffee bar, hide behind a paper or magazine and listen and observe the going ons around you...
Notice I didn't mention exercise. This is a great way to energise not just your physical being, but your mental state too... However, who exercises when they're depressed, fed up and tired because the words aren't flowing? Certainly not me!
Blogging is an amazing concept so here I am giving it a whirl. You'll get words. You'll get pics. Sometimes a vid or two. You'll get tongue in cheek, the odd humble opinion and an honest insight into my travels and writing life. Maybe even a few gems along the way. I'll be musing on home turf as I see more and more of the UK and sharing my experiences further afield on holidays and adventurous trips across the globe.